Last updated on October 3rd, 2020 at 08:21 am
In this page, you can find a collection of the official stock Android recovery files in .img or .tar formats for various Samsung Android phones.
Incase you can’t find the stock recovery file for your Samsung Galaxy device on this list, you have any of the following options:
- Leave a comment with your device model
- Follow the tutorial on how to extract the stock recovery file from a Samsung stock firmware/ROM
- Or share a link to us if you have one of the files
Download Stock Recovery Files for All Samsung Galaxy Phones
By the way, why would anyone want to download or flash the stock recovery file for a Samsung phone?
The stock recovery for any Samsung Android phone is necessary when you want to reinstall the stock recovery to your Samsung Galaxy device. Other reasons may include:
- Install stock recovery to fix boot up issues after flashing a custom recovery or to replace a custom recovery
- Install stock recovery to enable installation of OTA firmware updates
- Factory reset your device via the stock recovery
- Fix issues like firmware upgrade was interrupted
- Use the stock recovery for Android development purposes.
To flash the stock recovery to your Samsung device, we made a comprehensive Samsung Android firmware flashing tutorial using Odin.
You will need to read that post to be able to flash the recovery file successfully to your Samsung Android device.
How To Extract Stock Recovery From A Samsung Stock ROM/Firmware
The stock recovery of your Samsung Android phone as well as other Android powered devices are bootable partitions of your Android device that’s basically for troubleshooting or fixing issues that prevents the devie from working perfectly.
Some of the functions you can find on your Samsung phone’s stock recovery includes
- Reboot device/system
- Reboot to Bootloader
- Apply update from ADB
- Apply update from SD card
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- View recovery logs
- Power off your device
Unlike stock recoveries, custom Android recoveries have more advanced functions and tools but could brick a device if care is not taken.
Here in this article, you’ll learn how to extract or get the stock recovery of any Samsung Android phone from the official firmware or stock ROM.
What do you need?
To be able to extract the stock recovery from any Samsung firmware, you need to have the following on your computer.
- Download and install 7-Zip Archive software on your PC
- Download the appropriate stock firmware for your Samsung Android phone
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC
Steps to follow to extract stock recovery from stock firmware of Samsung
- First of all, download the stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device and save it on your PC.
- Extract the content of the firmware zip file to get the folder.
- Inside the folder of the extracted firmware zip file, locate the .tar.md5 firmware file and right-click on it.
- Open the .tar.md5 firmware file using the 7-Zip software you downloaded
- You will now find the ‘recovery.img’ file amongst other files. This is the stock recovery file for your Samsung device. Select it and click on extract.
- You will now have the recovery.img file in the folder
- Now, compress the recovery.img file using 7-Zip into “.tar” format.
You now have your stock recovery for your Samsung phone extracted and saved in an Odin flashable format(.tar).
If you would like to flash the recovery.tar file to your Samsung device later, you can comfortably use Odin and load the file via the ‘AP’ or ‘PDA’ button in Odin.
We would really love to hear your feedback, suggestions or complaints(if any).
Before you go, please share the post and also subscribe to our blog notification/email to stay updated. Thank you!